New special exhibit!
June 6 through Oct. 4, 2009
* Learn about the unique biology found far below the ocean's surface and the technology required for humans to venture there.
* Discover which monster-like creatures from the deep produce light using bioluminescence.
Technology used to explore the ocean depths is demonstrated with sonar, computers, and robotics.
* Examine deep-sea technology including remote-operated vehicles.
* Recover treasure with a robotic arm.
* Feel the chill of water from the ocean depths.
* Deep Sea Treasures is a traveling exhibit from the Museum of Science & Industry in Tampa, Fla., and is presented locally by DuPont.
~ ~ ~
$5 children (3-17)
Free for children age 2 and younger.
Monday - Saturday,
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
12 - 4:30 p.m.
For More Information
Delaware Museum of Natural History
4840 Kennett Pike
The only natural history museum in the state. The museum houses Delaware's only permanent dinosaur display, surrounded by exhibits of mammals, shells, and other specimens from around the world. The museum stores world-renowned scientific collections of mollusks and birds, including one of the top-ten mollusk collections in the United States.